Missions | WELS Missions
Update from Missionary Wife and Japanese Pastors ‹ — › The Living Water

Japan Missionary Family and Members Safe

Wordell 2010Missionary Brad Wordell serves WELS’ sister church, Lutheran Evangelical Christian Church, in Japan.  The Wordell family lives in Tokyo.  Brad’s wife Andrea and their five children were in Tokyo when the earthquake hit Japan on March 11th.  Brad was on a mission trip to Nepal.

The Wordells have reported that their family and members of the church there are safe.

Please pray for the people of Japan.

There are 18 Comments to this article

Wisconsin_Munsons says:
03/11/2011

We’re so glad the Lord has protected you and your family and are praying for the Japanese who are affected. God Bless you -

The Zehfus-Kriewall Family says:
03/11/2011

We are relieved to hear that you’re okay since the earthquake. Praying for God to continue to protect you, and also praying for the people of Japan.

Ann H says:
03/11/2011

Praise God that you are all safe. We pray that all repairs that need to be done (if any) are done quickly and smoothly. You all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Aloha.

Heidi says:
03/11/2011

God’s Blessings & Peace to you,
So relieved you are all safe. Keep us all posted, as to how & when to help.
Praying for you all.

Tammy Gulbrand Anderson says:
03/11/2011

My parents and my family were concerned about you all. Happy to hear you are safe right now. We will pray for you and your church and all of Japan for healing and safety. May God keep you safe in his arms of love.

Emil & Deb Schuh says:
03/11/2011

Brad and Andrea, We are thankful to hear that your family is OK. We will keep you and our Japanese brothers and sisters in our prayers.
The Schuhs

Emil & Deb Schuh says:
03/11/2011

Brad and Andrea, we are thankful to hear that you are safe. We are keeping you and our Japanese brothers and sisters in our prayers.
The Schuhs

Laura Stone says:
03/12/2011

I have been looking for info on your family’s safety all day and praying. I will Pray for the continued safety of your family and all of the Japanese. God Bless you!

Pedro Rei says:
03/12/2011

God Bless the people of Japan.

Schmitz says:
03/13/2011

Your family and our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ have been in our constant thoughts and prayers! We pray that God continues to bless and protect you all.

P. Kelm says:
03/13/2011

May God continue to watch over you and your family as you serve Him in Japan.

My family, my students at Risen Savior Lutheran School, and I are praying for you and the people of Japan during these recent catastrophes.

Melissa says:
03/14/2011

I’m wondering if the WELS committee for relief is collecting funds for those affected by this tragedy. I know many people who would like to help, and while $s are good, money that is coming from a Christian organization may make an eternal difference. Thank you.

Betty says:
03/14/2011

Praying for all of you and those you serve- may God continue to give you strength.

Bob and Sarah Anderson says:
03/15/2011

Thanks be to God that He has kept you safe. We are praying for you and the rest of Japan during this devistating time. May our Lord Jesus Chris continue to protect you.

Jerry Ewings says:
03/15/2011

May God keep you and the people you serve in His powerful care. May He show mercy to the nation of Japan, and may His people respond to your tragedy by an outpouring of mercy that reflects God’s generosity.
Help is on the way, dear friends.

missions says:
03/16/2011

Donations are being accepted both by mail and online. Donate online here. Or send to WELS Christian Aid and Relief, 2929 N Mayfair Road, Milwaukee, WI 53222.

Julie says:
03/16/2011

My daughter is a missionary in Japan through LCMS World Mission. I believe our hometowns in the states are near each other. Would you be able to email me your email address so I can share it with her? The LCMS missionaries were asked to leave the Tokyo area, so I’m not sure exactly where she is right now. It would just be nice to have another contact person.

Stefanie Gutermann says:
03/16/2011

Dear Friends,
On Friday of the earth quake the Winnebago Lutheran Academy Aux. Ladies in Fond du Lac, WI met and Pastor had a prayer for you and all the people of Japan.My family is keeping you in our prayers each day. I have a grandson & wife in Okinawa. He is in the Marines. He was called in to work right after it happened. He is a member of St. Peters Lutheran Church, Fond du Lac, WI. The Milwaukee TV station is collecting donations for Japan. We pray the Lord will be with all of you during these uncertain days.

Write a Comment